High Power Transmitter – Gigativy
From 1,5kW to 18kW (Liquid Cooled)
Gigativy is the latest product designed by Thomson Broadcast, specifically engineered for the ATSC 3.0 transition for broadcasters. Gigativy offers a smooth and cost-efficient digital switch from DSO, offering higher quality content broadcast for greater value. Thanks to its smart integration system, Thomson Broadcast’s Gigativy promotes low operating costs through its flexible architecture and provides for easy operation with an outstanding performance.
- The best technological version of the LDMOS 50 V transistors has been deployed in Doherty operating mode for an efficiency that can reach 40%.
- Power density is achieved up to 18kW in a single rack with 12 power amplifier (25kW/m)
- The high energy efficiency in the UHF band allows considerable savings.
- The two sub-bands of 470-600MHz and 600-700MHz that have been designed have each the highest efficiency ever achieved
- Designed to support all modulations schemes in an all in one 1U module and 4U in Dual Drive and Passive Reserve configuration
- SISO/MISO methods for maximum coverage
- Exciter features 2 ASI input streams and 2 IP input streams for redundancy
- The new control system manages and monitors the operation of the entire transmission chain: exciters, amplifiers and transmitters in case of N+M configuration, ensuring 24/7 signal availability.
- Optimal efficiency of the complete transmitting station with the lowest operational costs.
- Flexible architecture with multi-transmitter configurations in a single bay or single transmitter in multiple bays.
- Easy operations with excellent performance.
- Digital pre-corrective adaptations.